how to deal with two RPMs of thr same name

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sun Feb 15 22:26:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have packaged stapler (alternative to obsoleted pdftk) as an RPM. But there is already another package by the same name doing something else in the Fedora repos. Is there an easy way to rename my stapler to pdfstapler or something like that. I don't feel that it is my place to ask the stapler developer to rename his program something else:

https://github.com/hellerbarde/stapler/tree/master

Is there an easy way through a spec file to go in and change the name of stapler to pdfstapler and then create the RPM.

Btw, the spec file is here:

$ fpaste pdfstapler.spec
Uploading (2.4KiB)...
http://ur1.ca/jqgcf -> http://paste.fedoraproject.org/185742/15606142

Going by the thread titled "pdftk" in December, pdfstapler will be a welcome substitute for pdftk. It certainly is for me.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan