How to change display resolution after installing proprietary NVidia drivers?

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 16:50:26 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Greg Woods <woods at ucar.edu> wrote:

>> NVIDIA propriety drivers
>>
>> on Fedora 21.
>>
>> And now I need to change the display resolution.
>
> Use the nvidia-settings GUI tool.

Thanks, Greg. I tried that, but got the following errors:

--------------------------------
# nvidia-settings

ERROR: libnvidia-gtk3.so.346.35: cannot open shared object file: No such file
       or directory
       libnvidia-gtk3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
       directory
       libnvidia-gtk2.so.346.35: cannot open shared object file: No such file
       or directory
       libnvidia-gtk2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
       directory

ERROR: A problem occured when loading the GUI library. Please check your
       installation and library path. You may need to specify this library when
       calling nvidia-settings. Please run `nvidia-settings --help` for usage
       information.

#