computer boot (some times) in emergency mode.

Angelo Moreschini mrangelo.fedora at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 08:53:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

my computer often (not all the time) has problem at booting ...

When it happen, it boot to emergency mode...

(after I install new updates, then this problem occurs regularly)

The message that I get, when the problem come, are (approximately):

========================
Welcome to emergency mode! after logging in , type "journalctl -xb" to view
system log .......

SError: {RecovRecovCom PHYRdyChg CommWake 10B8B DevExch }

failed commend : READ DMA

exception Emask 0x10 SAct 0x0 Serr 0x40d0002 action 0x0 frozen

SError: {RecovCom PHYRdyCh CommWake 10808 DevExch}

status: {DRY}

exception Emask 0x10 SAct 0x0 Serr 0x40d0002 action 0x0 frozen

status {Busy}

failed command : READ DMA

Status {DRY}

========================

In this link

I read that this problem happen frequently; and it is not sure if is a HD
problem or a SW problem...

Someone suggest to disable the ports of all bus not SATA in the bios...

 In this other link:

someone said that, on Ubuntu, he was able to solve the problem changing
options in the file /etc/modprobe.d/options

= = = = =
It's Kernel bug on ata acpi
Put "options libata noacpi=1" on /etc/modprobe.d/options

= = = = =

In my case surly the problem  is connected with the HD; this because,
trying to change HD, the problem disappeared only re-plugging the caves of
the HD.

 I would like have some suggestion about this problem

thank you

regard

Angelo