F21 partitioning circus

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Feb 25 22:05:15 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Heinz Diehl <htd+ml at fritha.org> wrote:

> An example could be something like this: a button which opens a shell with
> fdisk or gparted or similar, wich then jumps back to anaconda when partitioning
> is done, which then rereads the disk layout and let me enter the mountpoints
> would suffice.

Why do you need a button in the installer? Why is ctrl-alt-f2 to get
to a shell insufficient?

And then once you're done with CLI tools doing whatever you need to
do, you return to the installer with ctrl-alt-f1 or f6 (live vs
netinstall/dvd) and then click the "Reload storage configuration from
disk" button (the one that looks like a web browser reload icon,
circle arrow, to the right of the + and - mountpoint buttons). Why is
this insufficient?

>I'm sure that's fewer lines of code than the custom function
> which has been in F19.

I don't know what custom function you're referring to that's in F19,
but not F18 or F20.

--
Chris Murphy