F21 partitioning circus

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Feb 25 22:30:15 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 3:22 PM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:

> An excellent point.  If the needed CLI tools are provided by default, that's
> all that's really needed, isn't it?  (Having this mentioned either in the
> installer's instructions or in the on-line Documentation would be a Good
> Idea as well.)

They are provided by default, they're hard dependencies by Anaconda.
It's not always the case gdisk is available, and maybe not fdisk
(although I've never seen it missing) because anaconda uses parted to
manipulate both MBR and GPT partitions.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/21/html/Installation_Guide/sect-installation-gui-manual-partitioning.html
Starting with "To discard all changes..."

--
Chris Murphy