Chrony, NTP, and Firewalld -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Jan 6 14:54:27 UTC 2015

On 01/06/15 09:07, Ed Greshko wrote:
> I would check to make sure that the network interface being used is in the correct "Firewall Zone".
>
> It may be the case that you've checked NTP in the public zone in the GUI, but for some reason the interface is not in that zone.
Yes that one was in Public initially but I changed it to Workstation as
in the one that worked. I restarted the firewall and chrony, even tried
setenforce 0, no dice.

However after time out for some breakfast it appears to be working as
expected.

Before breakfast:

[root at box48 bobg]# chronyc sources
210 Number of sources = 2
MS Name/IP address         Stratum Poll Reach LastRx Last sample
^? box10                         3   6     3    46   +189us[ +189us]
+/-  363ms
^? box7                          0   6     0   10y     +0ns[   +0ns]
+/-    0ns

After:

[root at box48 bobg]# chronyc sources
210 Number of sources = 2
MS Name/IP address         Stratum Poll Reach LastRx Last sample
^+ box10                         3   8   377   174  -3568us[-3572us]
+/-  363ms
^* box7                          3   6   377    38  +3753us[+3782us]
+/-  351ms

So I dunno what was going on but it looks like I will miss a chance to
learn about iptables. :-)

Well I still have to fix firewalld in SL7 on box48, the only one with
anything disabled.

Thanks,

Bob

--