nvidia driver, maxwell card, and DRI?

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Thu Jan 8 15:54:44 UTC 2015

On 01/08/2015 06:55 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
[snip]
> Is this stuff supposed to be working with maxwell cards?
> Is something not configured right? Is there something
> a ordinary mortal can do to fix this (most of this
> graphics system stuff is complete gibberish to me:-).

You need to fix the installation of the NVIDIA binary driver on your system.

Based on your e-mail I don't have enough information to know what the problem
is, but I recommend posting your Xorg.log, dmesg log, list of RPMs you've
installed, etc. and posting that to the RPMFusion list or NVIDIA forum[1].
NVIDIA ships a nifty tool to collect that information in a script called
"nvidia-bug-report.sh" that should be present if you have properly installed the
driver.

[1] https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/98/linux/