current laptop recommendations

Roger Wells ROGER.K.WELLS at leidos.com
Fri Jan 9 18:50:49 UTC 2015

On 01/09/2015 08:43 AM, Ian Malone wrote:
> Anyone have any good suggestions for a new laptop with good Linux
> compatibility? My current one is about 8 years old (IIRC), not looking
> for anything superspecced to replaced it, just annoyances like reduced
> battery life and the wifi switch playing up are starting to build up
> (plus people have poked the screen one too many times). It's a 13.3"
> screen with 100GB hard drive and I guess I'd be hoping to find
> something similar with a maximum budget of about £500.

I am a software developer and have used IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads for a long
time always with Linux and excellent results.  Five so far, most
recently I have used X Series X200, X220 and now X240.
Currently running Fedora 21.  (Fingerprint reader is not yet supported
without difficulty but it was on the X220)

HTH

--
Roger Wells, P.E.
leidos