strange double-click

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 10 11:55:54 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-01-10 at 09:35 +0200, Ahmad Samir wrote:
> That single-click-causing-double-click issue seems to be common with
> some Logitech mice

Any mice!  That button get a great deal of use, and some mice don't have
very good buttons, it it gets a lot of abuse (whether it be button
bashers, or things crashing into the mouse, etc.).

I've a mouse that I keep on resoldering around the switch, because the
solder joint takes a lot of stress, instead of the switch being rigidly
attached via the switch body to the mouse chassis.

Other mice may have the metal inside the switch wearing, or getting
contaminated (degrading of the materials in the mouse, atmospheric
pollution, smokers and woodfires) coating the surface of the contacts.
Spraying inside them with electrical contact cleaner and lube can fix
them.  I'd avoid WD40 and the like, they can be corrosive, and horrible
on the lungs.  The sprays with the thin straws may let you snake the
straw into the mouse and aim it hard at the switch (the spray will get
in through the gaps).  Jiggle the mouse button while spraying it'll help
to scrape the contacts cleaner.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.17.7-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Wed Dec 17 04:08:31 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.