End of 32-bit support?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Jan 20 18:13:12 UTC 2015

On 01/20/2015 06:48 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Bill Oliver wrote:
>

>> I recently read an interesting article recently that suggested that
>> Fedora 23 might be 64-bit only:
>>
>> See:
>>
>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Fedora-23-64-bit-Proposal
>
> Thread summary is incorrect (or at least misleading).
>
> The proposal (so far) is for 32bit to be downgraded from primary to
> secondary architecture.

IMO, this is a nonsensical proposal.

The ix86 family definitely is much wider used than any other secondary
architecture Fedora has been supporting and ignores the fact the i386 is
a multilibbed/~arched archecture of the x86_64.

> That is very different than "end of 32bit support"
It's almost equal to it.

It means pushing ix86-Fedora users to use Windows and Ubuntu.

Ralf