Blank laptop screen after disconnecting projector

CS DBA cs_dba at consistentstate.com
Fri Jan 23 05:18:40 UTC 2015

All;

I recently installed Fedora21 (KDE Spin) on a new Dell M3800

Everything was working beautifully, one of the things I do on a regular
basis is to rsync my hard drive (skipping the directories created at
runtime) to a backup location

I have been connecting & disconnection the laptop to/from 2 separate
monitors via the mini display port & a mini display port to vga adapter
with no issues.

earlier tonite I did a presentation to a local users group meeting, all
went fine, I plugged their projector into the mini display port and the
presentation worked fine.

However when I unplugged the projector mu laptop screen went blank, I
rebooted and logged into a blank screen, after a reboot I could plug the
projector in again and get dual screens (laptop and projector screen),
If I unplugged the projector I get a blank screen on the laptop again.

I restored a full backup rebooted, same problem... I'm now doing a full
re-install of Fedora 21.  I'd like to avoid this in the future, any help
would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance