despirate help needed - Samba and security = share

Philip Keogh pkeogh at compusoftcs.com
Fri Jan 23 17:54:26 UTC 2015

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> On Friday 23 January 2015 15:59:48 Gary Stainburn wrote:
>> I'm now installing Fedora 16 on my server and am going to re-do the last 4
>> days work
> Of course, my next problem is that yum no longer works, presumably because
> there are no repositories left. Is this true, or are there still some out
> there that I can use?

Of course this should never be used in production or exposed to the
internet, but there is a repository you can use:
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/16/Everything/x86_64/os/

For help adding the repository to that version of Fedora, see
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/System_Administrators_Guide/sec-Managing_Yum_Repositories.html