Latest Java-openjdk upgrade

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Tue Jan 27 14:09:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

I do heavy Java development and never had issues with OpenJDK on Fedora.
And I have OpenJDK on RHEL at many production sites. So don't bother
switching to Oracle Java. Instead try unistall and reinstall OpenJDK
Packages because it looks you have either a corrupted file.

Other option is you have other Java installations besides the
Fedora-provided OpenJDK and you PATH or CLASSPATH have entries for
different installations. This happen a lot when you have both GCJ and
OpenJDK or Oracle Java and OpenJDK. Maybe you left your browser install
Java (from Oracle) instead of configuring the Fedora-provided Java plugin.

Check which java, javac and etc are configured using alternatives and
check you env vars. Make sure you are using commands, jars and libraries
from the same installation.

[]s, Fernando Lozano