Latest Java-openjdk upgrade

Kevin Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Jan 27 17:52:59 UTC 2015

On 01/27/2015 03:36 AM, Angelo Moreschini wrote:

> Here a link that explains the */java.lang.ClassFormatError/*:
> http://craftingjava.blogspot.co.il/2012/07/reason-for-javalangclassformaterror.html
>
> --------------------
> "*/this error would be thrown when the java virtual machine attempts to
> read a class file and founds that the class file has been altered in
> such a way that it loses its integrity./*"
>
> Here they are trying to say that */"if a class file has been modified in
> a complicated way  then this error would be thrown." /*
>
> There may be two possible ways a class file can get corrupted as far i know.
>
> 1.May be the compiler have some unresolved bugs in it.
> 2.The programmer may intentionally change the class file for some reasons.
> ----------------------
>
> In your case this error does not seem to depend on your code.

Correct.  I was assuming that something was wrong at the system level.
Verified by the fact that after downgrading, everything started working
again.  Sounds like a bug to me.  I was wondering if anyone else saw the
same thing?

> So, I can suggest you to useOracle JDK instead OpenJDK,this because I
> had some problems using NetBeans and then I got that suggestion, that
> helped me.

!?!?!?!?

Note the solution I'm looking for.  If this is a bug in the openjdk
packages, I want to help then figure it out and fix it.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at verizon.net
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net