WiFi - Realtek - rtl8812au

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 13:22:24 UTC 2015

On 28.01.2015 21:09, Stephen Morris wrote:
> On 01/28/2015 09:09 AM, poma wrote:

>>> Thanks poma, I looked at those pages but none of the devices that I can
>>> see listed there are ac devices they all appear to be only up to n. I'm
>>> trying to get ac support in Linux.
>> Data(model&chipset) for these two devices are matched:
>>
>> http://linuxwireless.sipsolutions.net/en/users/Drivers/ath10k/#Supported_Devices
>> ath10k supports Qualcomm Atheros 802.11ac QCA98xx hw2.0 based devices, ...
>> - QCA9882 Version 2 found in Compex acWave: WLE600V5-23
>> - QCA9880 Version 2 found in Compex acWave: WLE900V5-23
>>
>> http://www.compexshop.com/index.php/cPath/57_103
>> Atheros miniPCIe 802.11ac cards 5GHz
>> - COMPEX WLE600V5-23 miniPCIe module, AR9882, 802.11ac, 2*2MIMO
>>    http://compexshop.com/product_info.php/cPath/57_103/products_id/447
>> - COMPEX WLE900V5-23 miniPCIe module, AR9880, 802.11ac, 3*3MIMO
>>    http://compexshop.com/product_info.php/cPath/57_103/products_id/445
>>
>> Undoubtedly try to contact devs to confirm you these devices are truly supported.
>>
>> Good Luck!
>>
> Thanks poma, I missed this info when I looked yesterday morning. Its
> looking like I'm going to have to go back to my N pci wireless card that
> is using the ATH9K driver as the rtl8812AU driver you pointed me at on
> git seems to be frequently crashing the kernel (I get frequent kernel
> core abends that can't be reported because the kernel is tainted). It
> may be coincidence but when immediately after the kernel issue the wifi
> interface activates I'm assuming its that driver that caused the issue.

You can always try to contact the original manufacturer of hardware and retailer of the same.

You can also try to find patches for the current kernel:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rtl8812au+3.18

This does not guarantee that the device will actually work,
this is just the best effort from users just like you. ;)

Try this
$ git clone https://github.com/vsurrel/rtl8812AU_8821AU_linux.git

$ cd rtl8812AU_8821AU_linux/
$ git log -1
commit 7a427372bf5540285d95f090ad5523019a365415
Author: MilhouseVH <milhouseVH.github at nmacleod.com>
Date:   Thu Dec 18 11:42:48 2014 +0000

    Add support for kernel 3.18