Annoyances with mate DT

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 22:23:56 UTC 2015

For a while (like a few weeks), mate was saving the apps running on the
DT when I shutdown the system, and they would be auto started on reboot.
Slowly, some apps no longer get started.
This behavior first manifested 2 or 3 months ago when the mate-terminals
would no longer be started on reboot.
Then it was ktorrent.
Now, added to that is smplayer.
I had raised a bug with mate, but the bug report was rejected.
I am on the verge of dumping Mate altogether. Cinnamon is just
not mature enough, and I literally detest gnome3. It does nothing
that I want or like.

Hope that future fedora users who want to switch to mate might
see this and decide if they still want to run mate.