starting to look at the cloud...

bruce badouglas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 22:06:56 UTC 2015

Hey guys/list.

I know. This has nothing to do with fed/centos, but it might be
helpful/useful to others.

I'm starting to lean to tinkering with a couple of instances in the
cloud - DigitalOcean/Atlantic.net/rackspace/etc...  (Not sure I want
to play with AWS as of yet!)

My goal, to get a bit of exposure to how to do basic
dns/provisioning/monitoring of multiple instances. To be able to craft
(quickly) whatever has to be created to be able to spin up/down, have
a couple of separate apps running on different instances, and having
them interact with a test db, that kind of thing..

In order to get the above, gotta climb the learning curve. Keep in
mind, I'm not looking to dive into sysadmin stuff any more than I need
to!!!

So, any pointers on where to turn to for initial docs/stuff to look over..

Heck, if I could find the right resource, I'd pay to get where I need to be!

Thanks guys..