Change ip address -

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Oct 7 00:06:04 UTC 2015

On 06Oct2015 12:05, Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 10/06/2015 08:42 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>I've saved this for future use, too bad you weren't here yesterday
>
>Rick gave a reasonable response.  Could have been improved to not
>interfere with regular network access, but I thought it was good enough.

Rick gave a nightmarishly complex answer, as did several others. It might work,
but I'm not sure I'd call it reasonable. Bob only needed a temporary config, so
the reasonable thing to do is to add an "eth0:0" with the right addressing as
already suggested using the "ifconfig" or "ip" commands. It is _direct_! All
this other guff that hacks with the OS config is just nuts.

Just my 2c,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>