NFS on new workstation

Jonathan Allen jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk
Wed Oct 14 10:57:34 UTC 2015

Dear List,

I have just added a new laptop to our network configuration and put F22
on it.  Lots of things look quite different from older versions.  My
main problem is the networking.  I want the machine, when it is plugged
into our wired network or locates it over Wifi, to auto-mount the shared
filestore on the server.  On an older laptop running F17, I have code
inserted in the network-up script that does the mount, but I don't know
where to put it in F22.

I have currently typed:

   # service nfs start
   # mount -tnfs server:/share /share

The first witters, but works; the second brings up the NFS filestore as
expected.

How can I make the 'nfs' service package start at boot time so that the
rpc.statd service is available ?

Jonathan