Fedora 22 upgrade oddity

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Oct 16 18:59:03 UTC 2015

On 10/16/2015 11:45 AM, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> After the F22 upgrade, the boot would hang at an early
> stage.  I could still boot F21.

Actually, what you had was F22 with an F21 kernel, as you'd have seen if
you'd tried to update your system.  Yes, I know what uname -r would
return, but that's because it would be reporting (correctly) that the
kernel was for F21, not that your entire system was F21.  Been there,
done that, but in my case it was because the only kernel that would boot
correctly on my laptop was from the older version; I was finally forced
to correct it by reinstalling.