installing JBoss for using it in NetBeans 8.1 IDE.

Markku Kolkka markku.kolkka at pp.inet.fi
Sat Oct 17 12:47:48 UTC 2015

17.10.2015, 13:51, Angelo Moreschini kirjoitti:
> Without much experience, I believed that what is suggested in the link :
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_JBossAS7_in_Fedora
>
> could be right  and can be enough for using JBoss as application server.
>
> I preferred to follow this suggestion (using RPM packages) because it is
> always preferable using RPM packages instead of using a zip file...
> (thinking that both give the same result).
>
> Now I wonder what means the command  "sudo yum -y install jboss-as", if
> not to install JBoss ?

The JBoss Application Server has been renamed "Wildfly" in 2013:
http://jbossas.jboss.org/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WildFly

The wildfly package in Fedora provides jboss-as, so the command you
wrote results in installing the wildfly package. The service you need to
start is also called wildfly.

--
    Markku Kolkka
    markku.kolkka at iki.fi