OT: but could be useful to other users also

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 19:56:28 UTC 2015

On 10/19/2015 11:50 AM, jd1008 wrote:
> The good news is I found a much less expensive device on ebay which
> also will pass power through my laptop's powered eSata port out
> to female usb port and female eSata port (only one can be used at a
> time).

If you have an eSatap port, you can connect an eSata device, or a USB
device, because the port is a combination of both.  However, that isn't
going to help you connect a USB 3 device to the eSata port.  The adapter
you found merely connects a USB device to the USB portion of the eSatap
port.  And, if your laptop doesn't have USB 3, then you're just going to
get a USB 2 connection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESATAp