F21 Mouse/Touchpad/Keyboard weirdness on Dell D630 Laptop

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Sun Oct 25 18:18:38 UTC 2015

Greetings,

Over the last few days I've become increasingly frustrated with the
touchpad and keyboard on my Dell Laptop. Often, the <right-click> menu
would show up for whatever application that I was using in that moment.

And with a little more time, the <Alt-Tab> function would fail. Lastly,
the the click function on the mouse/touchpad was somehow disabled, so that
selecting something from a menu was not possible.

My general solution was to login from another machine via ssh, su to root,
and then poweroff/reboot the machine.

I also dis/re-assembled the machine and cleaning it, on the speculation
that there could be something that was causing a short somewhere.

As a troubleshooting possiblity, on bootup today I used the prior kernel
(kernel-4.1.7-100.fc21.x86_64). So far, no mouse/touchpad/keyboard
peculiarities.

Any recommendations on troubleshooting would be appreciated in the event
this isn't a buggy kernel issue.

Thanks.

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com