F22: Interrupted system update

Germán A. Racca german.racca at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 10:58:18 UTC 2015

Hi guys, I have this situation: I was updating my Fedora 22 at the
university, but there was a power outage and the update didn't finish.
Hopefully, I was able to boot the machine and even to login into Gnome,
but now it is impossible to continue with the update using dnf upgrade.

I tried package-cleanup --cleandupes, but it didn't work because it
wanted to remove systemd and dnf, which are protected packages and are
duplicated.

Running dnf remove $(dnf repoquery --duplicated --latest-limit -1 -q)
also gives the same result: "Error: The operation would result in
removing the following protected packages: systemd, dnf".

My question is: can I safely remove the lower versions of systemd and
dnf with rpm -e and then proceed with cleaning duplicates and continue
to update in the usual way, or how should I proceed?

Many thanks in advance!
Germán.

--
Germán A. Racca