F22 and missing font Courier New 10

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 30 03:10:43 UTC 2015

Allegedly, on or about 29 October 2015, Gregory P. Ennis sent:
> I created a new install of F22 64 and to my surprise the 'courier New
> 10' is missing from Libreoffice.  Does anyone have an rpm
> replacement.
>  I have a bunch of documents that use this font and would like to
> continue it.  There are some other fonts that are close, but none that
> is an exact duplicate which means the formatting will need to be
> different on the new or edited old documents.

I thought the Liberation font set was supposed to have a replacement for
Courier New?  (May not be identical looking, but allegedly having the
same metrics so that document layout didn't change.)

I'm curious if you've tried that one, to see if it actually lives up to
the claim.

And I think the system is supposed to pick it as an equivalent,
automatically, if something tries to use Courier when you don't have
Courier installed.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.

I'd just like to say that vinyl record crackles and pops are far less
annoying than digigigigital mu-u-u-u-usic hiccicicicups and