Fedora-23beta to Fedora-23

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Oct 31 13:44:05 UTC 2015

Kari Koskinen wrote:

>> I am running Fedora-23beta.
>> What action exactly do I need to take when Fedora-23 comes out,
>> hopefully next Tuesday?
>>

> You should need to do nothing. At most you should check that status of
> updates-testing repository is what you want.

Could you be more explicit, please.
Are you saying that I should keep fedora-updates-testing.repo enabled?

Incidentally, how exactly does dnf determine $releasever ?
And how can I determine what value is assigned to this variable?
According to "man dnf.conf" it is obtained from RPMDB,
which I take refers to __db.00{123} in /var/lib/rpm .

I see that according to /etc/fedora-release
I am running "Fedora release 23 (Twenty Three)".
Does that determine $releasever ?

And finally, while I am on the topic,
will /etc/yum.repos.d/ change at some point to /etc/dnf.repos.d/ ?

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net