Still cannot open virtual consoles F2 F3 ...etc

Porfirio Andres Paiz Carrasco porfiriopaiz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 17:41:23 UTC 2015

> DT is mate (fully up-to-date) Fedora 22.
>
> Ctrl-Alt-F[23456]... etc
>
> no longer function.
> I am not switched to the virtual console.
> Display remains in mate DT display.

Check if the function keys (F1, F2, F3, ..., F12) is been used by
multimedia task. In my T440p I have to keep pressed Fn key to allow
Function key instead of multimedia function. Also you could try to
swap between multimedia function key to just function key as your
primary "function" in the bios configs. Please excuse all of the
redundant words.

If I want to increase panel brightness I just press F6, but if I want
to move to a virtual console I have to press Fn+Ctrl+Alt+F6, other
than that, nothing change.

Check if this is your case.