Printers on Fedora 22

alexis jeandet alexis.jeandet at member.fsf.org
Tue Sep 1 11:50:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

This morning I get some difficulties to install a simple epson stylus
SX210 on my laptop which is running a Fedora 22 (upgraded from F21 and
from F20). I finally found that the system-config-printer-udev.x86_64
package wasn't installed. It is installed on Fedora 22 Workstation
fresh install but doesn't seems to be on upgraded systems, is it
possible? If yes wouldn't it be a problem for non "expert" users?

The message I got from gnome printers was that a driver was missing,
also not really helpful in this case.

Best regards,
Alexis.