printing + firewalld

Pál, László vlad at vlad.hu
Tue Sep 1 12:06:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to solve a strange issue with printing when my firewall is on.
The office printer supports several kind of methods including ipp,
jetdirect and mdns, but none of them are working unless I stop the
firewall.. until now I cannot find a good way to log firewalld dropped
packets neither with firewall-cmd or using dirty iptables methods.

Do you have any idea either to enable printing through firewalld and/or add
proper logging of dropped packets to firewalld?

Thank you
L: