Sorting iPhone image files -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Sep 1 13:31:15 UTC 2015

I have a number [thousands] of my daughter's iPhone files stored on my
server, each one has an "IMG_xxxx" number however they don't seem to
have a consistent relationship to date and time, not that we can sse
anyway. However it appears that each file does have that information,
e.g. datetime=2015:06:30 15:58:38]:

[bobg at box10 Ginette]$ file IMG_4823.JPG
IMG_4823.JPG: JPEG image data, Exif standard: [TIFF image data,
big-endian, direntries=10, manufacturer=Apple, model=iPhone 6 Plus,
orientation=upper-right, xresolution=154, yresolution=162,
resolutionunit=2, datetime=2015:06:30 15:58:38], baseline, precision 8,
3264x2448, frames 3

So it seems there probably is either software to sort them or a script
that would sort on the date shown by "file."

What can I do to accomplish this?

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA