Trouble with nfs4 mount

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 9 15:03:57 UTC 2015

Since I upgraded my system (new CPU, motherboard, and power supply on
system amito) nfs mounts have failed; they were working fine till the
upgrade.  Here's the situation; all the commands were run on amito:

    $ cat /etc/fstab
    # NFS Mounts
    weather:/                                 /srv/weather            nfs4
       users,defaults  0 0

    $ showmount -e weather

    Export list for weather:

    /home amito.attlocal.net

    /     amito.attlocal.net

    $ hostname

    amito

    $ mount /srv/weather

    mount.nfs4: access denied by server while mounting weather:/

amito and weather ping each other successfully.

What's going on?  How can I find out the reason for the denial of
access?

Thanks - jon