NTP synchronized: no

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Wed Sep 9 17:00:42 UTC 2015

On 09/09/2015 08:17 AM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> According to the domain administrator, the port is open.
> Could it be an issue with the firewall?
>
> iptables -L |grep udp
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             224.0.0.251          udp dpt:mdns ctstate NEW
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:ipp ctstate NEW
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:ipp ctstate NEW
>
> ntp is on the port 123
>
> In zone internal I checked ntp
>
> It is all I need?

I don't think that's necessary. The firewall rules affect incoming
connections (it's a stateful firewall...if you initiate the connection,
the reply is permitted). I'd suggest looking at the system logs at this
point to see what's going on, e.g.:

	journalctl -u chrony -b

Perhaps that'll give you some hints.

<pruning lots of older data to shrink message size>