dracut fails to build bootable initramfs on fc22

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Wed Sep 9 17:39:26 UTC 2015

OK, for me it is failing right at the very beginning, after it starts booting. I get a bunch of stuff (similar to floating exception, with several 00x333ffff -- I am making this up, but just to give you an idea). I have graphical boot off (no rhgb quiet) but I get this without much additional information.

No such issue with the 4.0.6-300.fc22.x86_64 kernel that is currently running on the machine as I type.

Ranjan

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 09:46:43 -0700 Shaheen Bakhtiar <shashaness at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure if this is related….
>
> But I had the same problem… it was actually because /etc/fstab used device names (which look like they changed) vs. the UUID of the drive.
>
> What is the exact error message(s) you are getting?? Where in the boot process is it failing?
>

> > On Sep 9, 2015, at 8:39 AM, Heinz Diehl <htd+ml at fritha.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 09.09.2015, Alex wrote:
> >
> >> I have a fc22 system that's been working fine and now for some reason
> >> kernel updates result in an unbootable system. It appears to be
> >> related to dracut failing to build a proper initramfs image.
> >
> > I've never used any distribution kernel, and on my F22, there is no
> > such problem with either 4.1 or 4.2. So try with a bog standard kernel
> > from kernel.org.
> >
> > --
>
> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.