What is broken with software update?

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 17:46:25 UTC 2015

On 09/15/2015 06:44 PM, John Mellor wrote:
> I checked the dnf log and dnf is configured to select some
> indeterminate Fedora mirrors site.  I'm willing to bet that the
> unselected mirrors are no more than a couple of hours out-of-date at
> worst, and there is actually a software error at work here.  So, how to
> I preconfigure my system to get the two updaters to select the same
> repo?

Pick a mirror for each of your enabled repositories, edit the files
under /etc/yum.repos.d, disable metalink and enable baseurl with your
preferred mirror.

> P.S, just out of curiosity, why is the software updater not sharing the
> same dnf and yum metadata backend that clearly works better?

It does use the same backend.  It keeps a separate copy of the metadata,
though.  Never was sure why; I thought that's what packagekitd was *for*.