ssh -X gnome-terminal

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Mon Sep 21 22:34:31 UTC 2015

On Sep 21, 2015 4:59 PM, "Patrick Dupre" <pdupre at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In fc22 (in fc20 it was OK, if I remember correctly), when I login
> with ssh -X and then on the server, I run gnome-terminal, I get:
> ** (gnome-terminal:2515): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility
bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-N20xllktmP: Connection refused

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/120612/why-cant-i-run-gnome-apps-over-remote-ssh-session

> Thank for your help.

>  Patrick DUPRÉ

Debug output about the accessibility dbus connection is different from
information about X forwarding.  Is there anything else?

Perhaps try `ssh -X user at server gnome-terminal` to rule out what "...and
then on the server" might construe.  Also try `ssh -X user at server
some_other_application` to rule out that specific application's behavior.

--Pete