Thunderbird Opening Links

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Sep 30 20:32:08 UTC 2015

On 09/30/2015 01:44 PM, users-request at lists.fedoraproject.org wrote:
> From: Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> To:
>Can anyone assist? My google-fu produces nothing.
> What desktop are you using?  And what does

F21 on this desktop, with kde
uname -a
Linux tor1.mandamus.org 3.19.5-200.fc21.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Apr 20
19:51:56 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

xdg-settings get default-web-browser
google-chrome.desktop

From: Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

#
#xdg-mime default firefox.desktop x-scheme-handler/https
#

So google.desktop and nothing. Note that I do not have a desktop icon
for firefox. One was created for chrome iirc (but no longer exists).

I have just created a desktop icon/shortcut for firefox, and done:
  xdg-settings set default-web-browser firefox.desktop

But clicking a link in tbird does nothing, whether or not firefox is open.

I didn't know about xdg-settings. Thanks! Even though it does not seem
to help.

Geoff