Firefox 44 removes privacy feature.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 3 12:55:33 UTC 2016

Allegedly, on or about 02 February 2016, Robin Laing sent:
> There was an issue with poorly written sites opening hundreds of
> cookie requests.

Sometimes I think sites do that on purpose, to attack people who
selectively choose their cookies.

I used to use the option to ask about all cookies, but caved-in to
changing the preferences to allowing cookies for just one session
(expunge on exit), thanks to crap like that (that option will probably
disappear, too).

Unfortunately, this means you get tracked, and you get more internet
crap in your mail, and targeted adverts, from that.  It's quite
disturbing to find while you're browsing some site that you consider to
be completely unrelated to something else that you logged into early,
that you've been identified by the earlier sites (you don't get asked to
sign in, to the sites you browse, later on, there's a "hello Tim"
already in that spot).

It's just a shame there aren't reversed HTTP error codes that hit the
server.  Error 101 your site is fucked.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages