Firefox 44 removes privacy feature.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 4 11:04:56 UTC 2016

Tim:
>> Unfortunately, this means you get tracked, and you get more internet

stan:
> A side note.  You probably already know this, but if you don't want to
> be tracked, Google is not your friend.

Yes.  Unfortunately, it is the best search engine I've played with.
Their old "don't be evil" mantra went down in flames long ago.  And if
you use other Google-related services (gmail, YouTube, their app store,
and probably a pile of others that I don't know about), you just add
more data about yourself to them.  And, of course, you may use
completely independent services, thinking that you're isolated, only to
see them get bought out by big brother (and I mean that in the Orwellian
sense), later on.

For the general public, this is just a privacy issue.  Corporations
being way too nosey about your business, and whether they keep that data
safe (which nobody seems to manage to achieve).  But for anybody who's
vulnerable because of what their government will do, or if they're some
kind of activist that something other than their government is a worry,
the stakes are a lot higher.  For them, most modern forms of
communication, even just research, is out of the question.

> Their product is your privacy.

There's an old adage:  Any time the product is free, *you* are the
product.

Ha!  My auto fortune tagline selector got the appropriate one by random
chance.  Or did it?

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.19.8-100.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Tue May 12 17:42:35 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.