Firefox 44 removes privacy feature.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 4 16:10:20 UTC 2016

Allegedly, on or about 04 February 2016, Bernardo Sulzbach sent:
> Tim, it's not "just a privacy issue" for the average person. Being
> tracked **is** an issue, even if you have not committed any serious
> crimes and are not researching anything illegal, you should be able to
> find web pages anonymously.

I don't know when privacy got redefined to mean something else, but
that's exactly the opposite of privacy.  It's not something else.

Privacy - being left alone, undisturbed, not being spied on...

The tracking is insidious.  All it takes is for a friend to say, "here
have a look at this Youtube link," and then any other time you browse
through Youtube similar things seem to crop up in the sidebar.  Not much
of a problem if that happens to be your favourite music, but is if your
friend sent you to one of those stupid light your farts clips.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages