Firefox 44 removes privacy feature.

Niels Kobschaetzki niels at kobschaetzki.net
Thu Feb 4 19:06:46 UTC 2016

On 16/02/05 02:34, Tim wrote:
>Allegedly, on or about 04 February 2016, Tom Rivers sent:
>> I do know of a free one that is privacy oriented and it works really
>> well:
>>
>> https://duckduckgo.com/about
>
>I can't say that I find them anywhere near as good as Google.  Much as
>it pains me to say it.

I have to say that I like Google more as well in terms of search
results. But I wonder if the tracking and analysing of its many many
users isn't the whole reason why they are so much better.
And no, I don't know of a paid search engine as well. I imagine that it
is pretty expensive to run a decent one and advertisers usually outbid
the potentially paying customers. And you cut into your own flesh if you
remove the ads and tracking for some paying customers since your
advertising could potentially shrink in negotiations with your major real
customer the advertiser.

Niels