error setting up base repository

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Thu Feb 4 22:29:17 UTC 2016

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 13:35:39 -0800
CLOSE Dave <Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com> wrote:

> The subject message sometimes appears on the installation source
> entry from anaconda. But I have never been able to find a good way to
> learn just what the error is. Sure, sometimes it's obvious: the URL
> is wrong. But other times everything seems to be correct but still
> the error persists. I'm looking for a checklist of possible causes or
> a log entry that corresponds to the problem.
>
> In my present effort, I'm attempting to use a local mirror of the
> fedora-updates repository (in addition to local mirrors of the fedora
> and other repositories). I believe the mirror is correct and
> complete. The machine being installed has no trouble accessing the
> repo from an F2 shell while anaconda is running. Looking through the
> anaconda logs, I find lots of references to the update repository but
> no errors.
>
> What can cause this error message? And how do I find out what caused
> it in this instance?

I think anaconda is a python application, so you should be able to get
the source code and search it for the error message.  You can find the
src.rpm here.
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=2

If you then install the rpmbuild dependencies
# sudo dnf install rpmdevtools
you should be able to do
rpmdev-setuptree
rpm -ivh [anaconda src.rpm package name]  # as user, *not* root
cd ~/rpmbuild/SPECS
rpmbuild -bp anaconda.spec
cd ../BUILD/[anaconda version]
and be in the source.

There used to be a wiki page describing how to do this for src rpm at
fedoraproject.org.  All I find is the following on how to build a
kernel.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel

There is a special mailing list for anaconda development.  You can read
it on gmane.org, gmane.linux.redhat.anaconda.devel.  I don't see the
signup address, but you can probably find it with a search.  If you open
a bugzilla against anaconda with your problems at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/
it will probably get to those developers.