Firefox 44 removes privacy feature.

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 6 22:39:51 UTC 2016

On 02/06/16 00:30, Tim wrote:
> Allegedly, on or about 05 February 2016, g sent:
>> something that amazes me is that with all the add-ons that have been
>> written for cookie handling, none have a feature that ties in to url
>> bar or bookmarks that will disable/enable cookies with out user having
>> to make selection.
>
> Allowing cookies for whitelisted URIs used to be a built-in feature to
> most web browsers.  It was how I handled things for ages.  Deny or ask
> by default, then I'd whitelist a few sites that I regularly wanted to
> use in a less annoying way.

.
"whitelist" was a nice feature. using NoScript "whitelist" and considering
asking them to add a sort by date column and a "blacklist".

firefox used to be a proficient and worthily web browser until chrome
web browser came about.

then firefox d.a. devs felt they had to be an "us too" browser and
screwed up the whole concept that firefox had enjoyed for many years.

now that they have started the "signed" add-on crap, i am giving much
thought to check out the "clones" and be done with the "clowns".

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.7

tc,hago.