Latest claws mail moves to message above deleted message instead of below

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Tue Feb 9 18:36:48 UTC 2016

I sort messages in claws by date descending.  So the newest messages
are at the top.  When I read, I start at the top, and process messages
as I move down.  Claws used to move to the message below the current
message on delete, now it moves to the message above.  So if I delete a
message it now moves to a message that I have already seen instead of
the message below the deleted message.

It seems that this 'feature' was added in 3.13.1.
* A hidden pref has been added, 'next_on_delete'. This controls the
  message selection when a message is deleted. A setting of '0'
  which cause the previous, older message to be selected, a setting
  of '1' will cause the next, newer message to be selected.

I looked in ~/.claws-mail/clawsrc and I see the setting called
next_on_delete.  It was set to 0, so I set it to 1.  It didn't make any
difference.  I tried 2 and -1 with no effect.  Does anyone know what to
do to get the previous behavior?

I don't see a bugzilla for this, and a search at claws-mail.org doesn't
turn up anything.

Thanks,