Lan connection problem -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Feb 9 20:46:11 UTC 2016

I have a problem that began about a week
ago and keeps distracting me from other
computer problems and I am beginning to
think it may be related to a dnf update.

I can work around the problem by having
my router powered from a UPS and being
careful not to reboot the router. Once
the router reboots the various wireless
devices I have, printer, video cameras,
etc. need their ac power "recycled" to
get them connected to the LAN again.
Very inconvenient at this time of year
since some of these devices are in
another building ...

When this happens I can not ping those
devices, normally I should be able to
connect to the cameras with the browser
and reboot them when some glitch occurs
but now when I lose the LAN connection I
have to visit them and pull the plug.
The printer is near at hand and toggling
the power switch gets it back on.

The problem is manifest on three updated
Fedora-23 computers and I have replaced
the router to no avail.

What do I need to look at?

Bob