Postfix and PTR record issues

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 10 05:32:34 UTC 2016

Allegedly, on or about 09 February 2016, arnaud gaboury sent:

> When looking at my DNS provider (Hurricane Electric), I effectively
> have no PTR record. I must set one but honestly, I am far from
> understanding everything about PTR.

Unless you have a unique IP, one that's always assigned solely to you,
your ISP is unlikely to set a PTR record for you.  Usually, they share
addresses, one way or another (e.g. dynamic IPs) between their users,
and PTRs point to their own hostnames.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages