Google messed up :)

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 07:05:08 UTC 2016

On 2/15/16, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> What's more mind-boggling is why those (in Google) who created the
> problem haven't pulled their fingers out and fixed it.  It's not a new
> problem, the fault is entirely theirs, and they should know better.
> Don't make the users jump through hoops to fix things that you've
> broken.

Decades ago when discussing why IBM divisions couldnt get behind their
own OS (OS/2 Warp) it was said that at a giant corp like Big Blue "the
right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing".

That applies to all big corps, and in the case of Google, I suspect
there must be a total disconnect between the development team and the
outsourced keyboard punchers answering questions on "web forums".

What someone should do is look up what's the name of the Google Earth
product manager, find him on Linkedin, and publiucly shame him. I mean
surely he's getting paid really well for managing a product he's
clearly not managing or cariung about very well.

I mean, if I had "Google Earth product manager @ Google" the least I'd
do is ask for one machine with every OS suported, install "my product"
on all of 'em and use them on a daily basis to make sure users are
getting a consistent experience, then regularly roam the web support
forums and see what the feedback about the product is, then discuss
problems reported there with the devs.

That's clearly NOT happening.

I think by now Google is hopelessly in the "too big to fail" category.
I mean, I just got a tiny ARM netbook that comes preloaded with
Android Kitkat. Google Maps was part of the apps bundle. On the first
update I let Google Play install, the Maps app became unusable.

Something surely having to do with a screen size adjustement
setting... because as soon as the app is launched the screen enters a
resizing frenzy o a loop,and you can't exit it. You have to turn off
the system and reboot. Great work, Google, it shows your app testing
is reaching new world records...
;)

FC