Scrolling gone haywire

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 16 07:45:35 UTC 2016

Allegedly, on or about 15 February 2016, Les Howell sent:
> I have a problem with touchpads in general.  My finger tips are
> normally quite dry, so they skip and jump when dragging across the
> pads.  I always have to turn double click off, multitouch off, and
> sensitivity down a bit to get them to work right.  It sometimes takes
> several iterations of the sensitivity setting to make it right.  Also
> I tend to let my other fingers droop, which causes the issues with
> multitouch, one of which is super fast scrolling or jumping.

Just wondering, can ordinary touchpads work with a drawing stylus?

I don't like touchpads, myself.  I've played with drawing tablets which
use a stylus, and found them slightly better.  But they do suck at
multi-select *and* drag/drop.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages