Webex

Pal, Laszlo vlad at vlad.hu
Tue Feb 16 13:29:04 UTC 2016

I'm also interested. Currently if webex server side is updated it may work
partially from Linux. The functions I was never able to start is the audio
link and screen sharing.
It is strange, but for some customers webex is partially working, but for
some, even from IE10 on Windows is not working. You are also highly
depending on the browser version, plugins and java backend...

I was looking for some more open source friendly solution, but it seems all
of the alternate providers are focusing on win/mac. Right now it seems the
only working alternative is Hangouts (which as far as I know no longer
require google account, however some of the enterprises are fully blocking
google services from the intranet, so for them, hangouts is not a viable
solution)

Let us know if someone has managed to run some similar solution or even
offering something :)

The most important features are

- both phone and voip dial in
- session recording
- screen sharing (both full and application based)
- chat
- whiteboard
- file sharing
- ideally this should be a plugin less solution (e.g. utilizing html5
technologies)

Any good idea? :)

Thx
L: