how to tell where it booted from

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 17 10:30:32 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-02-16 at 21:19 -0800, Mike Wright wrote:
> Is there a command that will take my simplified grub.cfg and install
> it without modifying it in any way and leave me with a bootable
> system? (please please please say yes).

I seem to recall that although GRUB no-longer uses a flat menu file, it
can still work that way.  Might be worth exploring.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.19.8-100.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Tue May 12 17:42:35 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.