VLC VideoLAN

Ntlworld andy.paterson at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 20 21:35:21 UTC 2016

> On 20 Feb 2016, at 21:19, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>> On 02/20/16 15:01, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> On 02/20/2016 12:53 PM, g wrote:
> <<<>>>
>
>>> while i presume that Joe Zeff would use top posting in a business
>>> environment.
>>
>> If I were still working, and at a company where it was company policy,
>> I'd follow policy, but I'd also be looking for a job at a company that
>> doesn't suffer from cranial-rectal insertion.
>>
>> The reason that businesses like top posting is that it puts everything
>> into reverse-chronological order, just like their paper files.  That
>> doesn't make it right.
> ..
>
> tech firms are a bit diff in how they reply to emails due to higher level
> of intelligence and intelligent thinking. ie, multi tasking brains.
>
> were as you say, other type firms use reverse-chronological order because
> they can not think interspersed, and most are backwards thinkers.
>
> tho they do not understand reveres engineering.
>

> --
> peace out.
>
> If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
> ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
> -+-
> in a world with out fences, who needs gates.
>
> CentOS GNU/Linux 6.7
>
> tc,hago.

> .
>
> --

This has all got quite amusing and quite what our personal situations have to do with top-posting vs bottom-posting is another matter - i and lots of people in this modern age get used to handling email on our portable devices (i don't want to power up my linux box just to deal with email) and setting up a bottom posted reply on a portable device is a pain!) - i suggest YOU read the wikipaedia page on top vs bottom posting - you will see that it is an ongoing debate!)
Fyi i worked for 35 yrs as programmer/software engineer/systems
Engineer and i am profoundly deaf with a cochlear implant - and i have a goof pension thanks! - i dont normally make an issue of it!